The following conditions apply to rentals booked through the website www.rimautonoleggio.it, the RIM call center, the APP or directly at the rental offices. Some conditions may vary in case of booking made through an intermediary or following a company agreement: in this case the contractual conditions prevail.
The amount booked includes what is expressly indicated in the booking summary confirmed at the end of the booking process and via e-mail. Any additional costs for supplements, accessories requested at the time of rental or other sums chargeable to the Customer according to the provisions of the General and Special Rental Conditions are excluded. At the time of booking, the category of the vehicle booked is guaranteed, but not a specific model. By confirming the booking, the Customer acknowledges having read and accepted these Conditions.
The “Prepayment” is an irrevocable purchase proposal that the Customer makes in favor of RIM car rental when booking the rental. At the time of booking confirmation, the Customer who has chosen the “Prepayment” option undertakes to pay a sum equal to the cost of the booked service as a guarantee. The deposited sum is retained, in the price account, at the signing of the rental contract. The amount due upon confirmation of the booking can be paid by credit card or debit card. At the time of rental, the Customer must present a credit or debit card in his name, name and internationally recognized (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diners, Union Pay), to block the security deposit, where required.
3. CHANGES TO THE RESERVATION
The customer can change the reservation without any charge to him. In the event that the Customer changes relevant booking data (booked group, pick-up / drop-off date / time, pick-up / drop-off station) the system may not guarantee the availability of the vehicle and / or the rate initially booked and / or prepaid. If, as a result of the changes, the Customer is owed an amount higher than that possibly prepaid, the Customer must settle the difference with a new payment. If the balance amount is lower, no refund is due and the difference is retained as a penalty.
4. CANCELLATION OF RESERVATION
The Customer can cancel the reservation before the date / time of collection of the vehicle without any additional charge for him, up to 24 hours before the collection of the vehicle. If the cancellation occurs within 24 hours prior to picking up the vehicle, the customer is required to pay a penalty of € 25. In the case of prepayment, the Customer can obtain a refund of any amount prepaid, net of any penalty, by submitting a request to RIM through the appropriate channels and tools.
5. NON-PRESENTATION OF THE CUSTOMER (NO-SHOW)
If the Customer does not show up for the conclusion of the rental without having canceled the reservation, he will be charged a penalty equal to the entire amount booked and possibly prepaid upon confirmation of the reservation.
6. DELAYS AND “OUT OF HOURS” RENTALSRentals in airport or railway offices
When completing the booking, the Customer is required to indicate the flight / train number. In the presence of this information, the vehicle is kept available to the Customer up to a maximum of 59 minutes after the flight has landed or the train arrives and in any case no later than 90 minutes after the closing time of the office. rental. In case of collection of the vehicle after the closing time of the rental office, the “After Hours” service is applied at the cost indicated in the Special Rental Conditions.
City office rentals
The vehicle is kept available to the Customer up to a maximum of 59 minutes after the scheduled pick-up time and in any case no later than the closing time of the rental office.
7. CUSTOMER QUALIFICATION AND RENTAL
At the time of rental, the Customer must have a complete identity document with residence data, a valid driving license for circulation in Italy and must present a credit or debit card in his name. Customers not resident in Italy must be in possession of a driving license valid for international use or translated by an embassy or an equivalent authority and legible in Latin characters. In any case, RIM reserves the right at its sole discretion to decline the rental if the guarantees offered by the Customer are not considered sufficient.
At the time of signing the contract, the Customer must have completed:
21 years to rent a commercial vehicle
18 years to rent a car
Drivers under the age of 19 and / or with a driving license obtained for less than 12 months are allowed to rent only vehicles of category BY and CY. Drivers between the ages of 19 and 21 are required to pay the compulsory additional service “Young driver 19-21” and are allowed to rent vehicles belonging to categories B and C only. Drivers aged between 22 and 24 are required the payment of the additional service.
In the event that the Customer does not possess the qualification requirements, including in particular:
- does not have a valid driving license for circulation in Italy
- does not have a complete identity document with residence data
- does not have a credit or debit card in his name, nominative and internationally recognized (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diners, Union Pay)
- provide a credit card without sufficient credit to cover the cost of the rental, the cost of any additional services and the security deposit (if required)
- have not turned 18 or booked a car group that is not allowed for the age group at the time of pickup
- have had a driving license for less than 12 months and have booked a group other than BY or CY
- refuse to provide data relating to its availability
- No refunds relating to the booking will be due and any amount prepaid will be retained as a penalty. Any amount prepaid by the customer upon confirmation of the booking – except as indicated in point 4 – is non-refundable. Therefore any modification to the rental agreement resulting in an amount due lower than the prepaid one, does not give the right to any refund.
Although not expressly provided for in these conditions, the General and Special Rental Conditions apply.